* Brandeis was ranked No. 1 among the top 380 colleges in the United States for student engagement in community service, according to ''The Princeton Review'' in 2015.
* Brandeis University was ranked No. 21 among the top 25 national universities in the U.S., according to 2008 rankings by the Center for College Affordability & Productivity (CCAP), an independent, not-for-profit center based in Washington, D.C.
*''U.S. News & World Report'' ranked Brandeis tied for No. 34 in its 2016 annual list of Best National Universities. Acceptance to Brandeis was characterized as "''most selective''". It was ranked No. 9 of Most Liberal Students in 2009, and No. 10 in 2014.
*No. 34 among Best Values in Private Universities according to ''Kiplinger's Personal Finance'' in its 2016 ranking of best value private universities in the United States.
*No. 2 among national universities for doctoral program in ''Neuroscience'' and Neurobiology (tied with Johns Hopkins University and Yale University), according to the National Research Council (United States) in 2010.
*No. 3 among the top 25 best graduate programs in ''Neuroscience'', according to a 2014 survey by GraduatePrograms.com.
*No. 99 among 650 undergraduate institutions and 51st among national research universities in the 2017 ranking from ''Forbes.''
* One of the Top 20 Small Research Universities based on the ''Faculty Scholarly Productivity Index (2006–07)''
* No. 27 among Top American Private Research Universities by The Center for Measuring University Performance (2008)
* Received a "B-" grade on the Campus Sustainability Report Card 2009 and a "B" grade in 2010 published by the Sustainable Endowments Institute (including "A" grades in the Student Involvement, Administration, and Investment Priorities). Just 23% of schools earned overall grades of "B" or better.
* Named the 6th happiest university by Unigo in 2012
* Named the 31st Most Stressful College by ''The Daily Beast'' in 2010.
* When adjusted for size, Brandeis is fifth in the nation in terms of faculty members elected to academic honor societies.
*Education Program was listed as one of the top 10 teacher education programs of any liberal arts college in 2010.
*No. 5 among the colleges with the highest GMAT scores
*Brandeis International Business School was ranked No. 1 by ''Financial Times'' from 2010 through 2013 for its Master of Arts in International Economics and Finance Program.