|Type of Resource:|
Includes a trade card of Plumtree, Louth on f. 1.
Includes an engraving of the ruins of Louth Park Abbey by Buck, dated 1726, with the title "The North East View of Louth Park Abbey near Louth in the County of Lincoln."
Watermark: trumpet-shaped flower on a stem with two oval leaves (cf. Briquet nos. 6645-6652).
Binding: Nineteenth-century brown buckram, in or after 1866. The manuscript was interleaved when it was rebound; notes on the contents were added opposite the text on several leaves. Further notes concerning records of Louth Park were tipped in and attached to an end flyleaf.
Blank interleaves not digitized.
The manuscript contains the Chronicle of the Cistercian house of Louth Park, Lincolnshire, beginning with a Brut Chronicle (f. 1r-5r) and continuing with an annalistic account of Louth Park to the accession of Henry V in 1413 (f. 5v-12v). It includes (f. 10r-11r) a list of Cistercian houses with dependencies and dates of foundation. Written on paper in Anglicana formata script, it was produced at Louth Park Abbey (Lincolnshire) in or after 1413.
1 vol. (12 l.) ; 39 cm. x 27 cm.
More about permissions and copyright
The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
|Curatorial Area:||Beinecke Library|
|Extent of Digitization:|
|Source Digital Format:||
High Resolution (image/tiff)
|Cite this | Text this | Report this|